“Therefore God also has highly exalted Him (Jesus Christ) and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:9-11)
You may have just noticed that someday every knee will bow to Jesus Christ! Without mentioning names, we can summarily state that whether a person be rich or poor, high or low, skinny or fat, tall or short, religious or irreligious, famous or infamous – – every knee will someday bow before Jesus the Christ (“Christ ” is the Greek or New Testament equivalent for the Hebrew or Old Testament “ Messiah,” both signifying that He is God’s Anointed One). There will be no, not even one exception!
Well, who is this One before whom the entire world will someday bow? Here are a few things the Bible reveals about Him:
- Jesus Christ is God’s Son, and that means He is God!
- He existed before the universe He Himself has created.
- He is the One who holds this universe together, the One who sustains it.
- He alone is to be worshipped as God.
- He will be the final Judge of every human who has ever lived.
- Only Jesus will forgive sins and provide everlasting life to the one who places his faith in Him and in Him alone.
- His resurrection on the third day vindicated His death on the cross in behalf of vile sinners (like you and me). [There were more than 500 eye-witnesses who saw Him bodily resurrected].
This same Jesus is coming back from heaven one day soon. Count on it! (He will do so whether one believes it or not). And one thing is for sure – – all creation will someday bow before the almighty Creator, and that includes you and me! I would rather bow before Him as one whose sins are forgiven than one who rejected His gracious offer of salvation. Wouldn’t you? (You may wish to reflect again on #6 and #7 above).