“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding” (Proverbs 9:10)
Massive amounts of information are now available detailing some disturbing facts about the modern university. If you wish to read more on these trends, I would highly recommend 2 books: George Marsden’s The Soul of the American University: From Protestant Establishment to Established Nonbelief; and, Allan Bloom’s volume, The Closing of the American Mind.
Whereas once the university was a center of learning and expanding one’s mental horizons, now things have changed, and drastically so. Here’s what’s taking place in many universities across our land:
- The dominant ideology is relativism rather than absolutism (everything is relative; absolutes [such as the 10 commandments] are taboo). Right standards have been replaced by wrong lifestyles
- If you are an Evangelical scholar, even with excellent credentials (possessing a doctorate; having been published; etc.), your chances of being hired are slim to zero
- If you are a creationist rather than an evolutionist, once again, your chances of employment at a secular university are meager at best
- In all too many instances, the Western tradition (the Judeo-Christian heritage) has been jettisoned
- On numerous campuses Christians and Jews are already being harassed
- Many student groups have been involved in subversive activities
- In most schools, the booze flows and the hormones rage
- And this is just the “tip of the iceberg!”
So here are some of the problems with these unsettling realities:
- These indoctrinated students will soon become our nation’s leaders
- Ignorance of crucial and vital matters will increase exponentially
- And the most important one is that the God of the Bible has been replaced with human depravity
Before you spend your megabucks on these outfits, you may wish to do your homework — I’ve done mine! Why not consider a Christian education instead?!