“Now the (Holy) Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron” (I Timothy 4:1, 2)
There are many false teachings going around today and many are being deceived by false teachers. Here are some of these divisive heresies (not in any particular order):
- Religious leaders are above the people and are not to be questioned biblically.
- God is done with the Jews – – they’re no different than anyone else.
- Man is inherently good and not utterly depraved – – he can become God.
- Good works will get one into heaven; or, ultimately everyone gets there.
- Jesus is not God.
- The Bible contains mistakes and contradictions.
- The Old Testament is unnecessary.
- All religions are the same.
- There will be no future accountability or judgment for our actions.
- God wants you healthy and wealthy.
- Things are going to get better.
- Man has free will.
- Jesus did not rise from the dead and isn’t coming back to rule the world.
- When you die that’s the end of you, so enjoy pleasure.
A host of other falsehoods or lies are being swallowed “hook, line and sinker” by gullible, ignorant listeners. Both teachers and learners are deliberately or innocently promoting some or additional errors listed above. They do not know their Bibles or purposefully avoid biblical truth in order to satisfy their egos!! Peter states it rather clearly (II Peter 2:1-3): “…there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.” They’re going to get it – – from God Himself! BEWARE, dear reader, and COMPARE with what the Bible teaches!
2 thoughts on “Heresy!”
Here’s a popular one, “All religions worship the same God therefore; All roads lead to heaven.”
Another is, “When you die you no longer exist you just disappear.” In other words, there is No heaven No hell!
These beliefs are all speculation not backed up with actually factual truth.
The real facts we have are from biblical resources which were written over 1600 years by 40 writers inspired and authored by the Holy Spirit.
That my dear sister is called religious pluralism. However, if that were true… Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6. Therefore, either Jesus is a liar, or ALL the other religions are false.
But But But.. Islam and Christianity worship the same God! Oh really? Let’s see
Quran 112.3. “He begets not, nor is He begotten.
John 3:16a. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son…
Uh oh, we got a problem. can you say NOT THE SAME?