“The fool has said in his heart, ‘There is no God’” (Psalm 14:1; 53:1)
If one would count atheism as a religion, properly understood as a belief-system (which it is) – – it is the belief that there is no God. It does not mean being without a religion, but with a religion that arrogantly advocates a hatred for the God of creation, the God of this universe, the God of the Bible!
There are basically 3 kinds of atheists:
- The ASSERTIVE kind – – the one who dogmatically asserts that there is no God. [Holding to this position one would have to claim that he knows all there is to know about everything. But, as Solomon, the wisest of men once wrote (in Ecclesiastes 3:11 and 8:17), no human is all-knowing]
- Then there is the ACTUAL kind – – the person who chooses to believe that there is no God. This is the more honest approach by the atheist.
- Finally, the APPLICATIONAL kind – – the individual who comfortably lives as though God does not exist. God is in none of his thoughts or actions. [Some might fit into more than one of these categories or classifications]!
Many articles and volumes have been written to counteract this God-defying position by evil beings. Due to the limitation of space, allow me to answer with God’s response to this foolishness again through the words of wise king Solomon:
- RECOGNIZE YOUR LIMITATIONS! (Ecclesiastes 8:17 declares, “Then I saw all the work of God, that is done under the sun. For though a man labors to discover it yet he will not find it; moreover, though a wise man attempts to know it, he will not be able to find it.” You don’t know everything!
- REMEMBER Y0UR LORD! (Ecclesiastes 12:1 proclaims, “Remember now [God] your Creator…).”
- RECONSIDER YOUR LIABILITY! (Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14 asserts, “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man’s all. For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil!”
DON’T BE A FOOL!!