“The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham …” (Matthew 1:1)
- He was born in Bethlehem, Israel
- He lived in God’s country, Israel
- He was of the tribe of Judah
- He was a descendant of David
- He is called “the Messiah,” – – the Anointed One of God
- He lived among His chosen people, the Jews
- He attended their synagogues
- He was well versed in the Hebrew Scriptures
- He celebrated Jewish customs (E.g., the Passover)
- He was put to death in Jerusalem, Israel’s capital
- He arose from the grave there three days later
- He will establish His 1,000-year kingdom, with Jerusalem at its center
- He has called the eternal city “the new Jerusalem”
So, the first church (in Jerusalem), was totally composed of Jews. That means that all (genuine) Christians came from Jewish stock (Romans 9-11).
It also means that all (genuine) Christians worship a Jewish God! That means that one cannot “love” Jesus and simultaneously hate His people, the Jews!
That means that (genuine) Christians need to thank the Jews for giving them their Savior and their Scriptures! That means that God has an eternal covenant with His chosen people to be a forever people (throughout eternity, there will always be righteous Jews – – no one will ever get rid of all the Jews)! And, by the way, they did not choose themselves – – God did. True, not all Jews are righteous, but neither are all the non-Jews righteous! (Pointing a finger at them causes 4 fingers to point back to their accusers or detractors, from which one should distance himself). If your argument is against the Jewish people, take it up with God – – after all, it is God Himself who chose them and loves them!
“For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth. The Lord did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; (Deuteronomy 7:6–7)
Try praying for these, our dear Jewish friends. Do all you can to be a blessing to them. When you bless them, God will also bless you!
I will bless those who bless you,And I will curse him who curses you;And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” (Genesis 12:3)
One thought on “JESUS, THE SON OF GOD, IS A JEW”