Many believers have somewhat given up on the Lord to meet them in the clouds of the air, better known as the Rapture of the Church. Some of the reasons used are:
- Even Paul looked for that event c. 2,000 years ago and it still hasn’t happened. What gives? [This is an argument advanced by unbelieving scoffers as well in II Peter 3:4].
- Then there are those who misplace the Rapture [due to a faulty system of interpreting the Bible].
In this writing, I would like to deal with two positive responses to the truth of the imminent (at any moment), pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church:
- OUR PARTICIPATION IN THE RAPTURE:
- The Lord Himself descends from His Father’s house where He has been praying for us and preparing a dwelling-place for us (John 14:2, 3; Romans 8:34; Titus 2:13).
- He will come to receive us unto Himself (John 14:3).
- He will resurrect those who have fallen asleep in Him. Believers who have already died will rise first (I Thessalonians 4:15, 16).
- The Lord shouts as He descends from heaven (I Thessalonians 4:16).
- An immediate transformation takes place, in a moment – – in “the twinkling of an eye” (I Corinthians 15:51-53; I John 3:2).
- The voice of an archangel will sound (I Thessalonians 4:16).
- The trumpet of God will also sound (I Corinthians 15:52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16).
- Those still living will be caught up (harpadzo =raptured), together with those Christians who have already died (I Thessalonians 4:17).
- They will meet the Lord in the air (I Thessalonians 4:17).
- Believers will go to be with the Lord forever (John 14:3; 1 Thessalonians 4:17; 5:10).
- OUR PREPARATION FOR THE RAPTURE:
AWAKE (Romans 13:11; I Thessalonians 5:6); ABOUND (I Corinthians 15:58); ASSURE (I Thessalonians 4:18; 5:11); ABIDE (I John 2:28 Revelation 3:10); AWAIT (I John 3:3)