“These will make war with the Lamb (Jesus Christ), and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen and faithful” (Revelation 17:14)
Occasionally I enjoy playing a game of chess, but I’m just an average player.
Over time I’ve come across some basic thoughts about chess I’d like to share with you:
- It’s a game of war – – the dark pieces against the light ones, & vice versa.
- Whoever captures (“check-mates”) the opposing king first, wins the game.
- Controlling the center of the board is very crucial to one’s strategy.
- Another important consideration is to protect one’s pieces as much as possible, should they be threatened or attacked.
- One needs to pre-think (guess) the opponent’s moves as far in advance as one can. What upcoming move(s) might he make?
- How one plays the beginning and middle stage of the game has much to do with its end: – – its ultimate victory (or defeat).
Well, these are just a few important things to keep in mind (and/or activate) when playing this incredible game. But what are some lessons we may glean from these principles? After all, life is NOT a game!
- We’re at war with the enemy of our souls, the evil one, the destroyer.
- The real battle that is raging is between the true God and His opponent, who is never God’s equal! The biblical God has NO equal or superior!
- Who is in control of the center of your life, or of your struggles?
- Are you protecting yourself from the enemy? (Read Ephesians 6:11-18).
- We already have information from the Bible, the Word of God, about the strategies or wiles of our enemy!
- Revelation 17:14 already predicts the end- “game” Champion! He’s called the “Lamb” because He was sacrificed for our sins and triumphed over the enemy!