“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
Many people today are running “scared like rabbits.” Some are even “afraid of their own shadows.” Multiple causes may be cited:
· Deteriorating morals
· Domestic disturbances
· Economic woes
· The ever-present fear of death
· Threatening diseases
· Unapproachable leaders across the spectrum
· World conditions – – especially on the home front
Fear can be very debilitating. It can not only sap your strength, but it can cause you to “freeze.” Would you be willing to get some help from God?
- The only fear one needs to have is fearing the LORD! Any other fear does not come from Him.
- The opposite of fear is faith. One form of fear is when man chooses to trust in himself rather than in the Almighty God. Another form may come from the oppression by others.
- Faith, trusting the only true God, the God of the Bible, is always a plus! He blesses that trust with peace (sometimes defined as “the heart at rest with God”), and reassurances.
Could it be that God has placed you into a difficult or impossible situation – – a situation that is humanly beyond reach? Why not get a concordance of the Bible (many Bibles have these in the back), and look up such words as “fear,” “trust,” and “peace.” It may prove to be a blessing and unmatchable help for your life. Better yet, read the Psalms and portions such as Joshua 1 and find comfort and strength for your soul! That will give you HELP and HOPE!