“Now the Word of the LORD came to me, saying, ‘Son of man, set your face against God, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophecy against him’” . . . “You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes (Ezekiel 38:1, 16)
YES, along with other Bible prophecy scholars, I agree that Russia is mentioned in the Bible in the context of what we are beginning to understand today. Here we have an extended account, written by the prophet Ezekiel, some 2600 years ago. Of necessity, I must abbreviate some very salient points:
- Russia will be aligned with such nations as Iran, Turkey, and others.
- They will invade the mountains of Israel for a couple of reasons:
- They will be after Israel’s wealth (such as energy products).
- They hate the Jewish people – – they, with many others, are anti-Semitic!
- Nobody will come to Israel’s rescue, nor will Israel be able to defeat this evil alliance, BUT ISRAEL’S GOD WILL!! He will utterly destroy the enemies as well as some of their lands!
- It will take the Jewish people 7 years to burn their enemies’ weapons and seven months to bury their foes’ dead.
Some concluding remarks:
- Is the God of the Bible your God? He alone can deliver you! TRUST HIS WORD!
- This God sovereignly exclaims, “I will set My glory among the nations; all the nations shall see My judgment which I have executed, and My hand which I have laid on them” (Ezekiel 39:21)