Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! (1 Corinthians 15:12–17)
So, you believe that when you die that will be the end of you – – no accountability, no judgment, no rewards, no nothing? Really? Think again! – –
- The Bible teaches that there are several resurrections. If you don’t believe that, you are in essence arguing with God and His truth!
- Early in history, there were men like Abraham and Job who believed in being resurrected (Genesis 22:5 with Hebrews 11:19 & Job 19:23 – 27):
- And Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; the lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you.” (Genesis 22:5) –&– concluding that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead, from which he also received him in a figurative sense. (Hebrews 11:19)
- “Oh, that my words were written!Oh, that they were inscribed in a book!That they were engraved on a rock With an iron pen and lead, forever! For I know that my Redeemer lives,And He shall stand at last on the earth;And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,That in my flesh I shall see God,Whom I shall see for myself,And my eyes shall behold, and not another.How my heart yearns within me! (Job 19:23–27). These men lived more than 4,000 years ago!
- Later, some 2,000 years ago, more than 500 eyewitnesses saw the risen Christ (Messiah) ((Χριστός Christos) Greek for the Hebrew, מָשִׁיַח (māšîaḥ) meaning “Anointed One”)! It would be somewhat absurd to claim that they were all hallucinating.
- So now we come to us – – our time. If (read: since) everyone who ever lived will be resurrected, doesn’t it stand to reason that we should be prepared to meet our Maker?
You are willing to take the risk of being judged by the One who Himself arose from the dead and will be the final Judge of all mankind? You see, ALL WILL be resurrected and judged after death: some to eternal life and some to eternal condemnation. Those who placed their faith in the risen Christ alone will live forever in His presence; and those who did not will experience God’s wrath for ever, He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” (John 3:36)
Easter is not about a bunny, a holiday, lilies, family gatherings, or even attending a church service! Easter is about believing and celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ the Messiah, and consequently being reminded of your own upcoming resurrection (because of His)! Don’t leave this earth without believing Him!
Then they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?”She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?”She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, “Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away.”Jesus said to her, “Mary!”She turned and said to Him, “Rabboni!” (which is to say, Teacher). (John 20:13–16)