“The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, IN WHOM I WILL TRUST ; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold” (Psalm 18:2)
“I will say of the LORD, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, IN HIM I WILL TRUST‘” (Psalm 91:2)
- To whom do you go and what do you do when life’s storms assail you?
- Where do you turn to when disappointments overwhelm you?
- What do you do when life feels like a treadmill or stationary bike?
- Is there anyone left on whom you can consistently count?
- Does it seem that you’re between a rock and a hard place?
- Do you feel like giving up?
Have you noticed how easy it is to trust (or forget God) when things are going your way? (Remember the tune “Oklahoma?” – – “everything’s going my way”)?
But now, the money is gone, your ”friends” have forsaken you, your health is broken, and your life is in shambles. What now?
David, king of Israel, had many enemies, emergencies and tragic episodes in his life. (You only need to read of one such episode in I Samuel 30:1-6)!
In my Bible I wrote the following words, “I consciously and deliberately choose to trust in God’s sovereign providence:”
I, and not another. Choose, as a determination of my mind (in spite of prevailing circumstances). To trust, place my full reliance upon. God, the Almighty and eternal ruler and governor of this universe. There is none other or better or wiser or more powerful than this only God – – the God of the Bible.