“So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near, at the doors! Assuredly, I (Jesus) say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place” (Matthew 24:33, 34)
“But know this, that in the last days perilous (fierce) times will come” (2 Timothy 3:1)
In the year 2011, a well-known preacher (David Jeremiah) wrote a book with a very telling title, “I Never Thought I’d See the Day….” He lists 10 topics that show a drift in the wrong direction. Here they are (from the Table of Contents):
- When Atheists Would Be Angry
- When Christians Wouldn’t Know They Were in a War
- When Jesus Would Be So Profaned
- When Marriage Would Be Obsolete
- When Morality Would Be in Free Fall
- When the Bible Would Be Marginalized
- When the Church Would Be Irrelevant
- When a Muslim State Could Intimidate the World
- When America Would Turn Her Back on Israel
- When Changing Your Mind Could Save Your Life
I’m sure that since then (2011) we could have added a few more chapters! How about: “men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God…” (By the way, this latter list is found in 2 Timothy 3: 2-4)!
We’re living in the last days, wouldn’t you say? Just open your eyes. Then ask God to save your soul!