“…He Who is the blessed and only Potentate (all-powerful sovereign), the King of kings and Lord of lords” (I Timothy 6:15)
“…Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn (first in rank and preeminence) from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved/loves us and washed us from our sins in His own blood”(Revelation 1:5)
“…for He is Lord of lords and King of kings…” (Revelation 17:14)
The unbelieving world today often uses His name only to swear. They may also consider Him to be “the founder of a great religion.” Christians, who are named after Him are often ashamed to mention His name – – they prefer the more generic title “God,” not wanting to offend the unbeliever; or, to appear politically “correct,” or, to identify with Him. But think with me for a minute:
- Jesus is the creator of this universe.
- Jesus took on a human body in His incarnation, so He could identify with sinful. mankind; yet, He was without sin and knew no sin.
- Jesus was rejected then as He is today.
- Jesus is of Jewish stock – – through the lineage of Abraham and David.
- Jesus is the eternal God.
- Jesus alone could and did shed His blood on the cross for mankind’s sin – – none other could.
- Jesus arose from the dead by His own power and that of His Father and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is coming again in power and great glory.
- Jesus will be the final Judge of all mankind, from creation onward.
- Jesus has no equal – – He is fully human and fully God.
So, here’s the way it’s going to be forever and ever:
“Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:9-11). Hallelujah!