“Behold, I (the Lord Jesus Christ) am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book” (Revelation 22:7)
The prophetic Book of Revelation is the last Book of the Bible, and chapter 22 is the last one. Here we have the final words of divine revelation and inspiration. In addition to chapter 21, it deals with what eternity will be like:
- God and Jesus Christ, His Son, will rule from the eternal throne (vv. 1, 3).
- Fruit and therapy will be abundantly supplied for the believing ethnic groups (v. 2).
- There will be no more curse, no more Adam and Eve episodes (v. 3).
- God’s servants will be busy serving Him (v. 3).
- Believers will see the face of Jesus and His name will be on their foreheads (v. 4, 13, 16).
- There won’t be any night there – – God will provide plenty of light (v. 5).
- These believers will reign with Christ forever and ever (v. 5).
- Jesus Christ is coming quickly (vv. 7, 12, 20).
- Both believers will be permanently destined in/to Heaven, or the New Jerusalem; and unbelievers, in/to Hell, which is the Lake of Fire (vv. 11, 14, 15). Compare Revelation 20:14, 15. Adding or subtracting from the Word of God will land one in Hell – – that’s the final warning from God (vv. 18, 19).
- The last words are an invitation from God to COME. I take this to mean that one needs to come to agreement with these words, come to Christ for salvation and ultimately come to experience eternity with all its permanent blessings (v. 17).
1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him.
4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads.
5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.
6 Then he said to me, “These words are faithful and true.” And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.
7 “Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
8 Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.
9 Then he said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”
10 And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”
12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. Revelation 22
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen (v. 21) – – especially as you believe Him and the final words of His Book, the Bible!