“Your Word is Truth” (John 17:17b).
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means (never ever) pass away” (Matthew 24:35)
My first question to you, of course, is, have you read the Bible? Do you know what it says? If you are not familiar with it, than how can you claim it isn’t true? Or don’t you care??
When the Bible was written (over a period of 1,600 years), more than one quarter of it was predictive in nature (make that 27%)! And so far, every prediction has literally been fulfilled (make that 100%)! Of course, some predictions still await fulfillment. For example, Matthew 24 speaks of deceivers who bring false belief-systems to you (vv. 4, 5), there will be wars and rumors of wars (v. 6), ethnic groups will rise up against ethnic groups and kingdom against kingdom (v. 7), there will be famines & earthquakes (v. 7), and that’s just the beginning of it! And all of that will intensify and increase (v. 8)!
There are dozens of additional predictions yet to take place, and many of these won’t be a Sunday-school picnic! Ahead is still a 7-year period of the worst time in human history, when more than half of the world’s population will be killed: For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. (Matthew 24:21)! That’s just around the corner, “coming to a theater near you!”
So, you still don’t believe the Bible, God’s Word? Do you really want to stick around to find out it was true after all. The Good News is that there’s a way to avoid the coming 7-year world disaster. Believe God’s Word and trust in God’s Son, Jesus, the Messiah. He alone will save you from His wrath, give you eternal life, snatch you out of this world and take you to heaven prior to the utter devastation that’s coming. One more thing – – only He can take your fears away and give you the peace that passes all human understanding.
“Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure'” (Isaiah 46:9, 10)
Can you imagine someone foretelling the future with a 100% accuracy? Over time, there have been many who have predicted future events, but no one has ever done so with a 100% precise fulfillment – – except God!
Furthermore, who can predict what will specifically happen minutes from now, much less hours or days hence? Only God can!
Astoundingly, God used 40 holy writers to accurately predict what would come to pass some 2600 or more years ago (II Peter 1:21)! For example, Ezekiel the prophet could have written today’s headlines regarding the impending war of Russia and her alliances coming against Israel (found in Ezekiel 38, 39). You ought to read it!
These fulfillments of astronomical proportions would “break your brain,” as they could only have come from the mind of God Himself:
- The predictions of cities, empires and nations have multiple references in the Bible, several of which have already come to pass.
- There are well over 300 prophecies regarding Christ’s first coming that have already been fulfilled to the minutiae!
- What will happen to the world in the near future is specifically declared!
- Often there are detailed time-frames for the fulfillment of these prophecies!
- Multitudes of future predictions are still to come, such as the great Tribulation which will come upon all the earth, the 2nd coming of Christ, a literal 1,000-year period of peace on the earth, and also, the eternal state.
- Finally, there will be a heaven and a hell! Believe God’s Word and act decisively on it without delay! John 20:31 fittingly concludes: “But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.”
One thought on “So, You Don’t Believe the Bible Is True?”
Very good John….I shared this with many! Hope you and Janet are doing okie dokie!
Maranatha,….Perhaps Today! (John Walvoord)… Love, SuePray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee. (Psalm 122:6)