Here is another excellent article (somewhat abbreviated to fit our format), from my friend George Zeller in Connecticut:
“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near” (Luke 21:25-28)
We are living in trying and difficult days. Crises abound on every side, both nationally and internationally. Yet, in spite of troubling times there is still good news:
- God is STILL on His throne (Psalm 11:4). He still rules over all the kingdoms of the heathen (2 Chronicles 20:6).
- The Lord Jesus is STILL the King of kings and Lord of lords, whose coming is now nearer than when we first believed (Romans 13:11).
- The Bible is STILL living and powerful and life-changing (Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17).
- The Son of Man (Jesus Christ) is STILL seeking the lost (Luke 19:10), STILL desiring that all men might be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:6).
- The Gospel (good news) is STILL the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes (Romans 1:16).
- In difficult times, God will STILL take care of His own (Matthew 10:28-31).
- The One who lives in believers is STILL greater than the god of this world (1 John 4:4).
- No matter what difficulties we may face in the coming days, due to living in a God-despising and truth-hating world, yet God is faithful and He will STILL preserve His own and keep us from falling (Jude 1 and 24).