“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My (Jesus’) words will be no means pass away”(Matthew 24:35)
It’s been my privilege now for several decades to study the Word of the living God. Looking back over these years, I have come to several conclusions or reasons for having traveled the right road:
- No other book has provided me with the comfort and hope I have needed in the most difficult times of my life (Romans 15:4). For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
- When a bona fide science such as Archeology depends upon finding ancient Mid-Eastern sites and then corroborates its findings with Scripture, it substantiates my belief in its accurate historical data.
- No other book can transform the life of its believer and change his eternal destiny from hell to heaven (I Peter 1:23). having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever
- This Book claims to be eternal. No human has ever succeeded (or ever will succeed) in destroying it completely. The well-known French infidel Voltaire claimed that 100 years after his death Christianity would be extinct. However, 50 years after his passing, Bibles were being printed – – right in his own home! The Bible is a forever Book!
- This unique God-breathed-out Book is inexhaustible. One will never get to the bottom of end of it. The more one studies, the more there is to study. Have you ever looked at Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible? One can study the Bible’s doctrines (systematic teachings), Hebrew and Greek word studies, the study of its 66 individuals Books, comparing Scripture with other Scripture, etc.; but no human will ever exhaust its contents! Every year approximately 40 million Bibles are published!
- One more reason – – it is the only Book in the world that satisfies and gives meaning and fulfillment in life. It is life itself (John 6:63). It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
There is a wonderful children’s song that you may have sung in the past. I think it sums things up fairly well:
“The B-I-B-L-E, yes that’s the Book for me! I stand alone on the Word of God – – the B-I-B-L-E!” The Bible!