“…and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God (the Bible is God-breathed), and is profitable for doctrine (what the Bible systematically teaches), for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (to teach us what is right)….” (2 Timothy 3:15-16)
So, what is the Bible all about? Let me just mention a few major truths:
- The Bible alone is God’s Word.
- Here we have an accurate record of creation through eternity.
- The author of the Bible and creator of this universe is the sovereign God, not mere puny man.
- There is only one true God: He and none other.
- God is a tri-unity, consisting of God the Father, God the Son (the Lord Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is God’s only begotten Son – – the only one of His kind: He is both 100% God and 100% man.
- In the future, Jesus will judge every human who has ever lived.
- Only He provides forgiveness and eternal life to only those who believe (in/on) Him.
- There is no hope for you without Him, regardless of who you are or what you’ve done.
- Unlike any other writing, this inexhaustible Book will profit you for all eternity (if you read and heed it)!
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved from your sin and from God’s wrath. It is essential and imperative that you read and heed the Bible, God’s Word, without which you cannot be saved from what’s coming. Those are just some of the basics of Bible 101!
The Least-Read Bestseller
“Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near” (Revelation 1:3)
What would you do if you knew you were soon to stand before God and be judged for your life? (“for the time is near”)! How would you live your life. What if the Bible IS true and all other religious writings false or defective?
Most Americans have a Bible somewhere in their homes. Here is what they may not realize:
- This Book (a library of 66 volumes – – 39 Books in the Old Testament and 27 in the New), was written by 40 Jewish men over a period of 1600 years.
- It claims to have been revealed by the only true God, and its claims have been substantiated and vindicated thousands of times over! Only God could have written this Book – – and He did!
- Over 100 million Bibles are sold or given away for free every year in the world, according to the Economist. It has been translated into almost 350 languages, and, a survey conducted by the Bible Society concluded that between 1815 and 1975, around 2.5 billion copies were printed.
- Over 25% (27% to be exact) of the Bible – – when it was written – – was prophetic in nature. All of these prophecies have been fulfilled literally thus far and its future predictions will also likewise be literally fulfilled!
- This Book has the power to transform lives – – YOUR life!! Some of the worst sinners have been transformed into the some of the godliest believers!
- No other book satisfies, fulfills and gives meaning to life! Multitudes have found hope and blessing in its pages. Have you read the Psalms lately?
So, you’re miserable? Your Bible is collecting dust somewhere in your basement or bookcase? You think, “It’s a nice book, but I don’t have time for it.” You may even give it as a gift to someone else (the greatest gift of all)! Yet, you yourself are ignorant of or negligent in reading its contents!
If you knew God was going to use this Book to judge you someday, would you begin reading it? If you knew this Book were to give you everlasting life, would you not plunge into it and ask God to mercifully open up its words to you? Forget all the other books and read this one! It may save your life!!