“If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are” (I Corinthians 3:17).
Many churches that at one time were blessed with great Bible preaching and teaching are now either closed or totally worthless. These have become religious social clubs rather than ones that proclaim the contents of Scripture with great power from the Holy Spirit.
What has happened? Certain individuals have crept in who have had an agenda to destroy a good work. Here are some of their motives:
1. They wanted to have control, prestige and
2. They wanted to bring in false teachings.
3. They despised the message of truth from Scripture.
4. They envied those who were truly called by God to minister.
5. They were wholly ignorant of divine Scripture.
There are now hundreds of dead churches in our country and hundreds of good Bible teachers and preachers out of the ministry. God’s verdict is that these responsible church-wreckers will some day be destroyed by God Himself! This is not a trifling matter. Better think twice before you contemplate something like that. And if you have done such despicable thing, confession, repentance and restoration are in order.